Sweet and Sour Chicken
While eating lunch at one of our favorite Thai places in town, my big sister said she was determined to learn how to make some sweet and sour chicken. So being the awesome person she is, who also lives literally 5 minutes from me, she came over and threw together this amazing dish a few weeks ago! She said she mastered the recipe and that she did:) Note: Although we haven't figured out how to make the sauce from scratch, Kikkoman is my fav go to for anything oriental.
So I got in the kitchen and whipped this up last night and it is so yummy and easy to make.
Here's what you will need:
- Kikkoman Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 Large chicken breasts
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 Carrots
- 1 8oz can of pineapple tidbits
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Vegetable oil
- Jasmine Rice
Here's how you make it:
- Cut 2 Large chicken breasts into large chunks
- Coat with 1 Tbsp each cornstarch and Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Add a little vegetable oil to the pan (2Tbsp) and cook chicken thoroughly in large pan
- Add 1/4 cup of water and entire 12 oz bottle of Kikkoman Sweet and Sour Sauce into pan
- Mix in chopped onion, green pepper and carrots with chicken and sauce, cover and simmer for ~10-15 min
- Add pineapple and mix well
- Re-cover and simmer for another 5 min
- Serve over cooked Jasmine Rice
Prep and cooking time is about 20-30 minutes and it makes 4 servings.