When the temperature starts to drop you can't help but want to pull out the yummy soup recipes. Luckily we've been blessed this year with an extension of that perfect fall weather that typically only lasts about a week. Now that the first official day of winter is approaching in a couple of days the coolness is starting to settle in. When wanting to try something new for dinner this past week I was browsing through instagram when I came across a photo Jennifer Tyler's Kale Potato soup she was making for dinner as apart of she and her husband's #meatlessSundays.
She has made it and posted photos of it before but I instantly thought "ohh this would be perfect to make tonight. I have kale and I have potatos!"
While I didn't have a recipe I decided to just make it up as I went along and see how it comes out and it turned out to be absolutely amazing! Since it was Tuesday and I typically participate in meatless Monday's I decided to throw a little chicken in mine for a little extra flavor. At any rate here's the recipe hope you try it out and enjoy:)
Disclaimer: This is a kind of wing it, throw it in the pot type of recipe so there were no exact measurements.
What You Will Need
- Chopped Kale
- Red Potatoes (I used the steamed bag kind)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (optional)
- 1 box Chicken Broth (can substitute with vegetable broth if going the meatless route)
- Seasonings (Goya Adobo, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste)
- Boil chicken breasts in salted water until cooked thoroughly
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces and season to your liking
- Add chicken broth to a large pot and mix in about 3 handfuls of chopped kale and bring to a boil and then turn heat to low.
- Steam potatoes in the bag in the microwave and chop into smaller pieces
- Add chicken and potatoes to the pot of kale and mix well
- Add additional seasoning to taste
- Cover and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes
Note: This soup tastes even better the next day after all of the flavors have settled in!
Vanessa.Michele | Christian. Writer. Content Creator. Giver of Love. Collector of Quotes. Yoga Enthusiast. Forensic Scientist by day. Welcome to my life!
A 26 year old southern girl who loves God, food, natural hair, travel, health and photography. She finds joy in sharing her vantage point on life through creativity!
When Vanessa is not writing you can find her diving into a book with a glass of red wine, snapping photos, hitting her mat for a good yoga sesh, or planning her next trip.
L E T S C O N N E C T