In college my best friend and roommate would always make taco soup! The first time I tried it I fell in love and now it's a fav in my home. Perfect for the cold weather and super yummy. It serves as a great vegetarian/vegan option like I did this time because I participate in Meatless Mondays but you can easily add beef or chicken or both! Check out the slightly altered simple recipe below.
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Golden Hominy
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can Original Rotel
- 1 pack Taco Seasoning
- 1 pack Ranch Seasoning
- Goya Adobo, garlic seasoning & Black Pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese
- Tostitos Scoops
- Drain all cans except the Diced Tomatoes and Rotel combine in a large pot.
- Add both packets of seasonings and additional seasonings to your liking
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well
- Bring pot to a boil
- Turn down heat to med-low, cover and simmer for 30-45min.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve with tortilla chips and enjoy:)
Note: If you're like me, living alone and often have to set a table for one, this soup is easy to freeze! Just put half in ziplock freezer bags and save for later:)
Vanessa Michele. Christian. Writer. Content creator. Giver of love. Collector of quotes. Yoga enthusiast. Forensic Scientist by day.
A 26 year old southern girl who loves blogging from my vantage point. When I'm not writing you can find me diving into a book with a glass of red wine, snapping photos, hitting my mat for a good yoga sesh, or planning my next trip.