Puerto Rican Red Beans and Rice (w/ chicken)| TATW
One of my fav vacations was in PR so for week 4 I decided to do Puerto Rican Red Kidney Beans and rice con pollo :) It's so good and easy to cook!
- 1 Can (15.5oz) Goya Red Kidney Beans (undrained)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 packet Sazon Goya con culantro y achioto (coriander and annatto)
- 2 tbps extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbps Goya Sofrito
- Goya Adobo with pepper, to taste
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 chicken breast (optional)
- Boil chicken for 30min or until well done
- Chop pepper and onion and saute in olive oil in large pan for about 5min
- Add can of kidney beans, sofrito, adobo, oregano; cover and cook on med-high for about 30min
- Cook rice according to directions or in rice cooker
- chop chicken, season to taste with adobo and mix in with beans.
- Serve over rice and enjoy:)
Note: You can do this dish without the chicken if you like. Serves 3.
Watch the video here